Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 16: The Obamas are not Muslim terrorists!!


Have you seen this photo?

Are you offended by this?  Do you think this is an insult to Muslim Americans and Michelle and Barack Obama?

If yes, then YOU are the Douche Nozzle of the Day!

Why are you the Douche Nozzle?  Because you have decided to ignore the context of this photo and be offended based on its content alone.  This image, for those of you who don't already know, is a swat on the fanny of the dipshits on the Fox TV show "America's Pulse."  Anchor E. D. Hill referred to the fist-to-fist "pound" as possibly a "terrorist fist jab."  I can think of no one in their right mind under the age of 70 who would interpret that gesture in that way.  This was clearly just another in a long string of examples where Fox uses innuendo to put ideas into the heads of its gullible viewers.

Here is the clip:

That Fox didn't terminate Ms. Hairdo for this is a crime.  But they didn't.  She made a lame apology a few days later and they "forgave" her.  Bullshit!  She probably got a bonus for slipping it in.  (that's what she said)

 Back to you and why you are a DN.  If this offends you, as I said before, this is because you have chosen to ignore the context.  If you are old enough, you were probably offended by Randy Newman's "Short People" as well.  

When exposed to something that seems outrageous you must ask yourself, "WHY it is outrageous?" In some cases it simply is.  For instance, I know a guy whose eBay acquaintance referred to himself as being "busier than a black fag at a hotdog stand."  Now that's offensive!  It's also funny as hell!  Absurdidy in abundance.  I don't think I should have to go into why this is so funny, you either get it or you don't.  

There is a sleeping Buddha, a sitting Buddha & a laughing Buddha among the others.  Life is about moderation.  Enjoy the things that are absurd.  That's what humor is all about and that's why there is a laughing Buddha.

So now I leave you with this light-hearted joke my friend told me yesterday;

What's black and blue and hates sex?

The ten year old girl in my trunk!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, I'm NOT offended.... as a WASP, I've learned to develop a pretty thick hide and not take offense at every idiot in the country. In fact, I don't think I'm *allowed* to be offended... I can't claim victim status.... but that's a different soapbox.

HOWEVER

I DO think it was pretty stupid of the New Yorker and, if I were Obama, wouldn't like it.

Why?
Obviously, if you stop and a) read the article,
or b) THINK about it, it's a parody.
But
How many people will just see the magazine, say on the newsstand, only see the picture and not really think about it?

The cartoon is GREAT, but as a cartoon it cuts 2 ways, and, if I were Obama, I'd be concerned that too many will take it at face value. To use your own words:
This was clearly just another in a long string
of examples where Fox [The New Yorker] uses innuendo to put ideas into the heads of its gullible viewers [readers].